Skip to main content

FOCALLURE 18 Shades Full Function Palette Review + Tutorial

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog. For those of you who just come to this blog, let me first introduce myself. Hi, my name is Evelyn. Thank you so much for being here. I hope you will have a great time reading my blog.

For this post, I'm gonna review one of the make up brand from China. It's FOCALLURE!! Focallure is famous for its quality and moreover it's AFFORDABLE. Some of Indonesia's youtubers have review this brand and they all like it, especially the eyeshadow which is pigmented and easy to blend too. The eyeshadow palette is different from what I'm gonna review in this post by the way. It really makes me curious to try one of their products but at the same time I was afraid too since it's from China and China is kinda famous for making dupe makeups that are dangerous. After did some research about the brand and their products in here and some other website, I later found out that their products are SAFE TO USE. That's what they mention on their website. They even post their certificates to prove that their products are safe to use.

If you still have doubt about the ingredients they use, below is list of the ingredients of the palette that I'm gonna review today, feel free to check them out.
18 shades palette ingredient: Mica, Silica, Magnesium Sterate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmtate, Caprylic/Capric Trigylceride, Ci 77492, Ci 77007, Ci 77491, Ci 77499, Ci 77891, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

They have tested their products and even able to sell their products in western countries. Here are the links to their website: WEBSITEALIEXPRESSALIBABA. They ship worldwide, so make sure you check out those links ;)

I was so excited to get one in my hand. I decided to buy one from Taobao. Luckily it is not hard to buy Focallure products there. Focallure has its own store in Taobao too. For this palette, Focallure has 2 sets of palette. The 1st is called BRIGHT LUX and the 2nd called NEUTRALS.
 picture source: Focallure
picture source: Focallure

They made me confuse. I mean look at those palettes, both of them are sooo beautiful but I had to choose one of them. I like number 2 because they are neutral colors (just like its name). I can use all the colors for everyday natural look, either for day or night. But then, Bright Lux palette is more fun to play with, you can definitely make lots of look with this one. And yes, when you look at the Bright Lux, you'll probably familiar with it. All the colors are exactly the same as Huda palette. 
In the end I chose Bright Lux yayy. It was a hurried decision because there was a discount in Taobao on 9 September. I bought this for CNY35 which was CNY4 cheaper from its original price CNY39. Their first palette, the one that look like a MAC mini palette, is also CNY39. So I think this palette is a really good deal.  Moreover they gave me free brushes for purchasing this palette.
  

Here are the free brushes that I mention before. The brushes are pretty decent and soft. Haven't try them but definitely will give them a try in the future ;)

LET'S UN-BOX THIS BABE
The left side is how the product looks when I receive it, covered by plastic. The right side is the naked one.
When you open the box, the product is covered by some kind like a carton (left picture). The right picture is how the outer palette looks like. SUPER LOVE the gold effect on it. It makes the cover look classy.

 The palette is covered by plastic when you open it (left picture)

All that I can say about the packaging is I SUPER LOVE THE PACKAGING! It definitely doesn't feel cheap at all. As you can see from those pictures above, it looks like a packaging from a high brand product. Another thing, the box is somehow smells like a new car hahahaha. It's true. Not joking.

~ SWATCH TIME ~
 
This palette really surprised me. I don't know how they do it with such an affordable price but this palette is really good. The pigmentation are a bomb. I barely pressed the color. I only gently press it and BOOM! I love the shimmers. I love the matte. The color show out really nicely, most of them are buttery and no fall out. I don't use any eye primer for my next tutorial below. You'll be amaze in how pigmented they are.

~ TUTORIAL ~
First
I use BISQUE all over my eyelid as my base

Second
I use the matte SALMON on my crease. Blend it in a circular motion. Then, I put INDIAN RED just a little bit below the SALMON and blend it again.

Third 
I tap TERRACOTA on my outer eye (the pink area) and blend it again in a circular motion to the inner lid.

Fourth
To give some light to my eyes, I use the shimmer SALMON on my lid (the yellow area). To deepen my eyes and give it more dimension, I use TOFFEE in the orange area. Then, I blend both color carefully.

 FINAL LOOK ~
Warning! Lots of selfies ;P

Verdict:
This palette is AMAZING. Moreover, it's affordable. If you're on budget but still want to to look stunning, this palette is something worth to try. Personally, I will definitely buy the other palette, the NEUTRALS one. I can't wait to get my hands on that too. But for now, I think I will play with this palette for a while and will update you guys for more eye makeup look using this palette.
Thank you so much for you guys who have read this post from top to bottom. I know it's a long post but I just want to give all the information that you need about this palette. I hope you have a great time in here.

so... what do you think of this look?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swag Christmas

Another day passed, here we are.. Merry Christmas everyone! How's your Christmas Day today? Is it fun? Hopefully you have a fun Christmas with your love one :) There's nothing special in celebrating Christmas in my family. We don't even put a decorations on Christmas tree or decorate our house with Christmas attributes. It's kinda of sad for not decorate one of them. I feel like today is just like an ordinary day. Chilling at home and watching TV in the morning. At noon, we went to had our lunch outside at Pluit and went to the new mall, BayWalk. Some of you might not be familiar with BayWalk since they just opened 1 month ago. It's a nice mall but there's nothing much in there since they just open. Just like its name, the mall is located near the sea, so you can clearly see the sea in the mall. The mall was very crowded today. All the parking lot were full of cars. We have to parked our car on the 8th floor. Maybe people were just curious about the mall.

Officially 17

The weather in the city where I live is gloomy and cold lately. I feel like I'm at Puncak every night. My classroom is so freakin' cold. Almost raining everyday. Flood everywhere. I can't go to any far place from my home these days. Especially today, it has been raining since last night UNTIL NOW(10.00 am)! Even now, it still raining heavily.  So no school for today because the flood block the access to my school. There's flood already in front of my house, about 3 or 4 cm. Can't imagine the flood outside my home area. This condition is just the same as 5 years ago when I was in grade 5... maybe worse. *the rain has stopped and guess the height of the flood??? it's 15 cm (in front of my house)!!!* almost half of the car's wheel! Let's move to another topic... I'm proudly announce to you guys that I'm officially 17! Yippie!! Luckily today's heavy rain didn't come during my birthday day. My birthday was last week, 10 January. A