Skip to main content

MakeUp - Blossom (Basic Make Up Tutorial + Minilab Review)

Hi girls! After a long time not updating my blog, today I bring you something new. MAKE UP!! I am not a make up guru, make up expert or something. To be honest, I just started make up last month when I went back to my beloved country. So you can say that I am still a make up newbie. My mom taught me the basic technique for make up. The rest is up to me whether I want to further develop it or not and how much I practice that I do. She's a MUA by the way.
On this blog, I want to share what I know about make up. I want to make this blog as a journal of my make up journey from a newbie to the better one. I hope this post and this blog can be helpful for those who just start using make up. 
The theme for this look is based on the my new blog's name, 'Blossom'. In this blog's name it means to grow and develop to be a better version of the current version.The word blossom itself is usually connected with spring and cherry blossom. Well even though spring is already past many months ago but hey! summer is still around and I think this make up is suitable for natural fresh summer look. If you're interested in how I make this look, please stay tune ;) Without further a do, let's start scrolling!!!

p.s. my face in step 1 and step 3 have a beauty effect. I forgot to turn off the beauty effect from my camera when I took the picture. The rest of the pictures are my real face with no beauty effect or filter on it. It's just the lighting setting from my phone ;)

STEP 1: Moisturizing
Before you start applying any products to your skin, make sure that you already wash your face or at least clean your face with micellar water. Now let's start moisturize your face. I usually use Evian Facial Spray all over my face.
After you finish spraying, start fanning your face. Let the water absorb to your skin. It's pretty refreshing your skin. You can also gently tap your face after a while.

STEP 2: CC Cream
For natural make up look, it's easier to use BB or CC because they already contain all that are needed in one product. In here, I use CC cushion number CF602 from Minilab. At first I thought Minilab was from Korea because LOOK AT THAT PACKAGING!! It looks like a brand from Korea, right? But turns out they are from China.
Using the cushion from the product, I applied the CC cream, not to much. Try not to smudge when applying CC cream as it will show the pores and other imperfection on the face. Try to gently tap tap it instead. After that, I started to blend by gently tap tap it using the blender below that I got from Minilab as well. I tried this CC cushion before and I ended up apply it too much and my face looked so freaking white. My first impression for this CC cushion was not good. It was cakey and really show my patchy skin at that time. Now, I start to kinda like this product after I know how to use it and after my skin are not patchy. It's not sticky and feels smooth after the application.
I don't really like this blender. I'm not sure how to describe it. It feels a bit solid and hard to blend. I need to spray it with Evian first before blending the CC cream. I'm not sure if it was the CC cream that is quickly set after the application or it was the blender that is not good or maybe because I didn't wash the new blender first before using it o.0 (whatttt?). The strange thing is that after I washed this blender, it feels less solid. Maybe I will give it another try later.

STEP 3: Eyebrow
For the eyebrows, I'm using Viva eyebrow pencil in black color. Viva is a brand from Indonesia and its eyebrow pencil is FAMOUS. I personally love this eyebrow pencil. I have been using this eyebrow pencil since I started to draw my eyebrows which is 3 years ago. Even famous MUAs in Indonesia love to use it as well. It's affordable and the formula is good too for that price. They have 2 colors, black and brown. The brown one is more like red-brown so I don't like it. 
The first thing when drawing eyebrows is make a frame of the eyebrow lightly. It is important so that we know where to fill and for smoother finish. Make sure that your eyebrow pencil is sharp but not too sharp. You don't want to hurt yourself, right? In here, I make a straight eyebrow with a little bit of arc. This eyebrow is suitable for any face shapes. After making the frame, the next thing is to fill the eyebrow from its tail to 3/4 of the eyebrow lightly. Brush the eyebrow to blend the color and bring the color to the front brow. Clean the messy edge with concealer or if you don't have one, you can use cotton bud. A good finish eyebrow will look like my left eyebrow. A good eyebrow makes your whole look much better so take your time when you draw your eyebrows.

Eyebrow final look

STEP 4: Setting the CC Cream
Now it's time to set those CC cream with loose powder from Minilab number PO101. Loose powder makes your CC cream or foundation stays on its place. Before applying loose powder all over your face, make sure that your CC cream is already dry on your face. I personally like to put the powder first on the lid as it is easier. Here, I use powder blush from Beauty Artisan for a smoother finish look.

STEP 5: The fun part - EYE SHADOW!
Now let's start the fun part. Yes, EYESHADOW! I'm using a palette from Sleek MakeUp (Oh! So Special). Many youtubers recommend this palette for beginner so I grab one hahaha. This palette has everything that is needed for beginner. It has white, shimmer, matte, pink, chocolate, black and even blue. You can create many looks with this palette. The only downside from this palette is probably the fallout but it's still okay.  I usually use white, pink, light brown and dark brown to enhance the color that are already there on my eyelids. I use eye shadow blending brush from Beauty Artisan to blend the color. If you don't have one, you can always use the applicator that is already in this palette. The applicator is good. I always use the applicator as it applies the eye shadow very well.
***Reminder!! When you blend the eye shadow, blend it in CIRCULAR MOTION for a smoother finish.

Since I don't have eye primer, I use this white color all over my lid as a base so that the color on top of it can pop more. 


Next, I use light brown and apply it on the brown area.

After finish with the light brown, clean the excess color on the brush. No need to soak it in the water. Take a tissue and brush the brush on it. Now you can take another color using the same brush. Take the pink shadow and apply it in the pink area.

Last, take the dark brown color and apply it just like an eyeliner without wing and on your under lash line, from the back to half of your under lash line. These will give a depth to your eyes.
Eyeshadow final look

STEP 6: Contouring & Highlighting
If you're a make up newbie, just like me, you probably don't have complete make up products. To be honest, all the products on this post are the only thing that I have so far. I don't think that it is necessary to have all the make up products and there's no rule in make up. So this is how I make it work.

For contouring, grab your eye shadow palette again and use the dark brown shade using a blush brush. Hold the brush just like the right picture when applying the color.
Put the dark brown color in the pink area. My usual mark is to draw from the top end of my ears, just like the pictures above and blend it to my cheeks, exactly under the cheek bones. Try not to blend it to low like my picture. I'm really sorry I draw the slope too low on the picture.
I also contour my nose using the same shadow. I don't have a precise guidelines and I'm not good in contouring my nose yet. But if you still want to know, first, draw a line next to the nose bridge using the dark brown with the smaller brush. Don't take the eye shadow too much. You can slowly build it later if you think it's not enough. Then draw a slight round on your nose and under your nose tip. 

Next for highlighting, I use the white eye shadow to highlight my nose bridge and my nose tip. I don't recommend to try this because later I realize that it shows my patchy skin on my nose. It doesn't show in the photo but in real life, it is.

contour and highlight final look

STEP 7: Blushie cheeks
To make your cheeks cuter, take your eye shadow palette again. Using the blush brush, take the pink color and apply it to your cheeks from back to forth. I know the final look picture doesn't really show much difference compare to the previous pictures but believe me it's much more red in real life.
blush final look

STEP 8: Let's curl those LASHES!
Another fun part, CURLING LASHES! I like to curl my lashes and see their transformation into beautiful lashes. My lashes curler is from Beauty Artisan. I highly recommend this because this curler can make your lashes up.
Before applying mascara, you have to curl your lashes first and froze that beautiful position using your mascara. Last step curl it again gurl.
For the mascara, I'm using Minilab mascara. I don't know if it's waterproof or not. I personally don't have any problem with it. I think it did a great job. However, my sister who have the same mascara said that she has a bit burnt sensation on her eyes. So....yea.
lashes final look

STEP 9: Lip Lip Lip
Finally we come to the last step which is LIPSTICK! I use LAC L'Adoure Color number 07 and again it is a brand from China. I think this is a great lipstick. I really love the color. It looks natural on my lip. It's moisturizing. The downside of this lipstick are it doesn't stay long on the lip and if my lip's skin are not in good condition, the color will stuck my patchy lip.

!!!FINAL LOOK!!!
Here is my final look. Thank you for those who read from top to bottom. I know it is a long post. I hope this post can help you in make up. If you think some of my techniques are wrong, please do give me suggestions as I want to improve myself in make up. Thank you.

So... what do you think of this look??




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swag Christmas

Another day passed, here we are.. Merry Christmas everyone! How's your Christmas Day today? Is it fun? Hopefully you have a fun Christmas with your love one :) There's nothing special in celebrating Christmas in my family. We don't even put a decorations on Christmas tree or decorate our house with Christmas attributes. It's kinda of sad for not decorate one of them. I feel like today is just like an ordinary day. Chilling at home and watching TV in the morning. At noon, we went to had our lunch outside at Pluit and went to the new mall, BayWalk. Some of you might not be familiar with BayWalk since they just opened 1 month ago. It's a nice mall but there's nothing much in there since they just open. Just like its name, the mall is located near the sea, so you can clearly see the sea in the mall. The mall was very crowded today. All the parking lot were full of cars. We have to parked our car on the 8th floor. Maybe people were just curious about the mall.

Officially 17

The weather in the city where I live is gloomy and cold lately. I feel like I'm at Puncak every night. My classroom is so freakin' cold. Almost raining everyday. Flood everywhere. I can't go to any far place from my home these days. Especially today, it has been raining since last night UNTIL NOW(10.00 am)! Even now, it still raining heavily.  So no school for today because the flood block the access to my school. There's flood already in front of my house, about 3 or 4 cm. Can't imagine the flood outside my home area. This condition is just the same as 5 years ago when I was in grade 5... maybe worse. *the rain has stopped and guess the height of the flood??? it's 15 cm (in front of my house)!!!* almost half of the car's wheel! Let's move to another topic... I'm proudly announce to you guys that I'm officially 17! Yippie!! Luckily today's heavy rain didn't come during my birthday day. My birthday was last week, 10 January. A

FOCALLURE 18 Shades Full Function Palette Review + Tutorial

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog. For those of you who just come to this blog, let me first introduce myself. Hi, my name is Evelyn. Thank you so much for being here. I hope you will have a great time reading my blog. For this post, I'm gonna review one of the make up brand from China. It's FOCALLURE !! Focallure is famous for its quality and moreover it's AFFORDABLE. Some of Indonesia's youtubers have review this brand and they all like it, especially the eyeshadow which is pigmented and easy to blend too. The eyeshadow palette is different from what I'm gonna review in this post by the way. It really makes me curious to try one of their products but at the same time I was afraid too since it's from China and China is kinda famous for making dupe makeups that are dangerous. After did some research about the brand and their products in here  and some other website, I later found out that their products are SAFE TO USE. That's what they mention on thei