Skip to main content

Sleek Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette Review + Eye Makeup Tutorial

MY SKIN MY SHADE MY MAKEUP

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog! For today's post I'm going to review one of well known brand and the most recommended eyeshadow palette for makeup newbie. It's Sleek Oh So Special! After did some research and watched some videos in youtube, last year, I finally decided to buy this eyeshadow palette. Sleek does have many palettes other than this, but I think Oh So Special palette suits me the most. I bought this from Tmall (a huge e-commerce website in China) for 85 yuan. The problem is Sleek only open their Tmall store in å¤©çŒ«å›½é™…/ International Tmall. Only Chinese citizens that can buy things from that website because å¤©çŒ«å›½é™… required a Chinese identity card.  Luckily my friend could help me to buy this. I was soooooo happy when get my hands on on this palette. This is the first eyeshadow palette that I ever have.

For the packaging, I think they really did a good job in here. They put everything that customers need to know before buying eyeshadow. I like how they put this palette's shades on their box which makes this box pretty. This will also give customers ideas on what shades they purchase.
On the back of the box, they provide the name of shades, some tips in how to use this palette and its ingredients.


I love this palette. Aside from its shades, I like that they put a mirror in this palette. I personally rarely use the mirror, but the mirror sure come in handy when I need it the most. 
I think I know why most of beauty guru in youtube recommended this palette for beginner. I mean LOOK AT THOSE COLORS! They're gorgeous. You can definitely make lots of look with those shades. 
As for the fall outs, this palette only has a small fall out. I don't think that I ever find any fall out when I apply those shades when I use the applicator. Even when I use my brush, I don't think that I ever find any. But using brush for this palette makes the palette messy, it's like powder everywhere. I'm not sure if it's the brush or it's the palette or maybe I press it too much hahaha . The only terrible fall out that I encounter using this palette was when I use the black shades as an eyeliner using the eyeliner brush. Definitely not gonna recommend that to anyone.
SWATCHES!!!
I'm really amazed in how the swatches turns out. It's the first time I swatch those shades since I got them. The left one is the shades from the first row and the right one is from the second row. Super LOVE those shimmers!! Their pigmentation are sooo good. The pink shade is a sweet heart. I always use it when I go out.  But the brown shades... are just ok. I tried to swatch the brown shades multiple time in the exact same place, but the results are just like in the picture.

~ TUTORIAL TIME ~
First, I take this 'Bow' shade and apply it all over my lid as a base.

As for transition color, I try to mix these two shades and apply it to my crease. Blend the color in a  circular motion to the inner side then swipe to back (more clear instruction is on the next step).

For this look, I want to darken it a little bit. So I take the brown shades, gently tap it on the outer corner of my eyes (the brown area). Blend a bit to front in a circular motion and swipe back.

To ligthen up my look and to give my eyes more dimension, I use this 'Gateau' shimmer. I tried to use brush but there's no any Gateu on my brush. So I used the applicator, the shimmer did stick to it but when I applied it to my eyelid, there was none. I wonder why. I still remember when I applied that shimmer using the applicator for the first time, the shimmer did show on my eyelid. Maybe because the applicator already has too much eyeshadow on it and that's why the shimmer doesn't show. I don't know. In the end, I used my finger to apply it. It applied much better but still doesn't really show the shimmer as I want it to be.

Last, I took this beautiful pink shades again and applied it on my under eyes.

Here is the final look:

Thank you so much for your time to read this post. I hope you find it interesting and get something from it too. I will try to keep updating my blog once a week. If you have any questions, you can always drop me some on the comment section down below or to my email ;)

So... what do you think of this look?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swag Christmas

Another day passed, here we are.. Merry Christmas everyone! How's your Christmas Day today? Is it fun? Hopefully you have a fun Christmas with your love one :) There's nothing special in celebrating Christmas in my family. We don't even put a decorations on Christmas tree or decorate our house with Christmas attributes. It's kinda of sad for not decorate one of them. I feel like today is just like an ordinary day. Chilling at home and watching TV in the morning. At noon, we went to had our lunch outside at Pluit and went to the new mall, BayWalk. Some of you might not be familiar with BayWalk since they just opened 1 month ago. It's a nice mall but there's nothing much in there since they just open. Just like its name, the mall is located near the sea, so you can clearly see the sea in the mall. The mall was very crowded today. All the parking lot were full of cars. We have to parked our car on the 8th floor. Maybe people were just curious about the mall.

Officially 17

The weather in the city where I live is gloomy and cold lately. I feel like I'm at Puncak every night. My classroom is so freakin' cold. Almost raining everyday. Flood everywhere. I can't go to any far place from my home these days. Especially today, it has been raining since last night UNTIL NOW(10.00 am)! Even now, it still raining heavily.  So no school for today because the flood block the access to my school. There's flood already in front of my house, about 3 or 4 cm. Can't imagine the flood outside my home area. This condition is just the same as 5 years ago when I was in grade 5... maybe worse. *the rain has stopped and guess the height of the flood??? it's 15 cm (in front of my house)!!!* almost half of the car's wheel! Let's move to another topic... I'm proudly announce to you guys that I'm officially 17! Yippie!! Luckily today's heavy rain didn't come during my birthday day. My birthday was last week, 10 January. A

FOCALLURE 18 Shades Full Function Palette Review + Tutorial

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog. For those of you who just come to this blog, let me first introduce myself. Hi, my name is Evelyn. Thank you so much for being here. I hope you will have a great time reading my blog. For this post, I'm gonna review one of the make up brand from China. It's FOCALLURE !! Focallure is famous for its quality and moreover it's AFFORDABLE. Some of Indonesia's youtubers have review this brand and they all like it, especially the eyeshadow which is pigmented and easy to blend too. The eyeshadow palette is different from what I'm gonna review in this post by the way. It really makes me curious to try one of their products but at the same time I was afraid too since it's from China and China is kinda famous for making dupe makeups that are dangerous. After did some research about the brand and their products in here  and some other website, I later found out that their products are SAFE TO USE. That's what they mention on thei